How To Get Those Maintenance Expenses Back on Track!
When a marital relationship is in a state of disrepair, oftentimes the couple will seek out marriage counseling to get their relationship back on track. As a property owner, when your cash flow is in disrepair due to maintenance costs, is there hope for you to get things back on track?
As the leader in San Antonio Property Management, we say YES! While we don’t offer formal counseling services, we do offer advice for getting your expenses back on track.
There are five key elements to get your rental property maintenance expenses back on track:
- Prepare the property between tenants to ensure it meets all market ready, safety and health codes and is appealing to anyone just driving by. Take the yard care and exterior into consideration. A property that looks well maintained from the outside invites potential renters in, the home will rent faster, saving you expensive vacancy days.
- Plan ahead for maintenance that may arise by setting aside at least a month’s worth of rent per year. For more security, it is best to have 2-3 months’ worth and if the home is older, we suggest you set aside more to keep the home compliant with all safety and health codes.
- Conduct inspections and seasonal preventative maintenance to discover any problems before they escalate to bigger issues. Being proactive could save hundreds of dollars in maintenance costs alone.
- Respond promptly to maintenance issues. Not only does this cut costs on issues that could damage the home further, but it also reduces your liability and keeps tenants happy. And happy tenants tend to renew the lease rather than move out. This again will save you in vacancy costs.
- Rely on the leading San Antonio property management company to save you even more on services, appliances, materials, repairs, and remodeling.
While we may not be “cost counselors,” we can provide help in your relationships with vendors, tenants, and others involved in the property management industry. We can reduce the headache and heartache you may be experiencing while trying to manage your rental property on your own. Maintenance costs can be overwhelming. Put our experienced team to the test, and allow us to revive your management experience! Contact Amanda at 210-787-3876 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Let Real Property Management Alamo help you get those maintenance costs back on track!